Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Fitness Goals

So I have about 5 minutes to write a post so I'm going to skip WILT Wednesdays today...sorry! And I missed it last week because this happened:


Yeah, that's me. I'm standing level and not trying to be this uneven, I was stuck like that. Something popped in my back Wednesday morning and I ended up being pretty much immobile and not able to work last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm slowing getting back to normal, at least as normal as I can get :)

So I've decided to share with everyone my fitness goals in hopes to hold myself to my goals and have some accountability with weekly check-ins which I'm planning on posting Sundays or Mondays, depending on my schedule that week.
I'm not brave enough to share how much I weigh, and I'm not sure that I ever will be able to, but just sharing my goals isdoable for me. So here we go:

  • Overall weight loss goal: 50lbs.
    • I know this may sound like a lot but this is my goal to be at once I'm done having kids and achieved over a long period of time, not necessarily right away.
  • Weekly fitness goal: work out at least 5 times per week for 30 minutes minimum.
    • I'm allowing myself to flex this goal a bit by allowing myself to work out less days if I absolutely can't fit the 5 days in, just going a bit longer to still achieve the 150 minutes per week (My weeks will run Sunday-Saturday).
      • Once this becomes my habit, I'll up the amount of time per day
  •  May 31st, 2014: be down 10 lbs. total from my starting weight
  • June 28th, 2014: Be comfortable wearing shorts
    • I know this goal may sound weird but I haven't been able to wear shorts for years because I'm so uncomfortable in them and how the fit on my legs. I've got pretty big thighs, I can admit that. I have no issues wearing a dress because it doesn't split up my legs and hug them like shorts do. I'm also part of the short-but-not-quite-midget height so the board shorts or whatever the hell they're called, just look ridiculous on me. Some of you may be wondering why I picked June 28th, it's the day of my sister's bachelorette party and it's going to be fucking hot since it's in the dead of summer and I got a really cute & funny tank top to wear that will be perfect with shorts.
  • July 31st, 2014: wear a bikini and feel comfortable
  • August 31st, 2014: be down 25 lbs. from starting weight
I know some of these goals may sound unachievable or stupid to some of you and if that's the case grab on to your computer mouse and move it up to the little X box in the right hand corner of the browser and click on the X. I have no room for negativity here and I'm just trying to keep myself accountable and hopefully inspire at least 1 other person in the process, I'm all about positivity on these fitness posts!

If you feel comfortable doing so, I would love to read some of your fitness goals so please leave them in the comments. That way, when I do weekly check-ins, you can comment with your progress as well.

Happy goal setting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment