Monday, April 21, 2014

Favorite Pinterest Finds - Outdoors Edition

Sorry, sorry, sorry that I didn't post at all last week. Work and life was INSANE and the little time I did have I just relaxed. But I'm back this week and I'm kicking it off with another favorite Pinterest Finds posts but keeping it all outdoors related since it's finally nice out.

I'm going to start out with a genius idea that I actually used last summer and it works wonders!
keeping a kiddie pool clean
via the homestead survival


 
By covering a kiddie pool with a fitted sheet, it keeps out bugs, dirt, etc. so that you can reuse the pool water over and over again without having to refill it. This also helps for those days you don't plan ahead and don't get the pool filled up early enough for the water to warm up, by keeping your pool covered, the water stays warm all the time!

Keeping with the theme of water, I seriously would DIE for this:

inflatable slip-n-slide


I love me a good slip-n-slide but I also get a shit ton of bruises from the regular ones because the plastic is so thin and you can feel every.single.bump in the ground. This however, would rock my freakin' socks right off!

I don't really go to the lake that often but if I had this baby I'd be there every day:
water cabana
via the meta picture
The only thing I would change about this is to have the canopy top removable or retractable so I could work on a good tan while floating with a nice cold drink in my hand.

We have a fire pit that I bought from Wal-Mart a few years ago (similar to this), and while it's done well for us, I'd prefer to upgrade to something a little nicer, and then I found this beaut:
DIY Fire Pit
via Bower Power
I'm already plotting, I mean planning, where I can put this this in our backyard. I say plotting because I get these amazeballs ideas all the time and Chris thinks I'm nutso. He has about a thousand and one reasons why we shouldn't do said amazeball idea. As it turns out, I've never been good at listening so I move forward with my amazeball idea and then Chris ends up loving it. So what does this all mean? When I come up with a new amazeball idea, I just like to do it without consulting so then I don't have to go through that (VERY) painful first part of the process. Take note ladies, it works :)

Next, I'm moving to our screened in porch because it needs a serious look lift. As in, it's the girl with 80's bangs and braces in the corner at the dance that you just want to avoid. I love the screened in porch but it's UGLY! But I think this would be the look life that this girl needs:
stained concrete
via southern concrete designs
I'm not sure I'd get all fancy pants and do the fake brick outline, but just the color of the stained concrete....oh baby, you had me at hello...

Once I'm done staining the concrete, I'd like to add some functional (but pretty!) seating similar to this:


DIY Patio Furniture
via signature furniture rental

I really don't think it would be that hard to do this. The worst part really would be staining all those pallets.

To finish off my newly beautiful porch, I would add this completely genius lamp:

diy outdoor lamp
via homedesign that
This would be such an easy project and would make the porch feel so comfortably and homey (is that how you spell homey? not sure but spell check didn't yell at me so I'm going to go with yes).

These are just a few things that I'm loving right now and that I would like to try. Now comes the part I struggle with...kicking my ass in gear to start these projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment