Wednesday, March 5, 2014

First Edition of "WILT" Wednesdays

Welcome to the first edition of WILT (What Is Lisa Thinking) Wednesdays. I'm going to make it a goal to do this type of post every Wednesday. The plan is just to take the jumbled mess of ideas, thoughts, complaints, judgments, etc. that's currently happening in my brain.

I'm going to start out by saying I've been neglecting this blog for months on purpose. When I started it I wanted blog about my life, projects, home d├ęcor, and everything in between. I really started the blog at a bad time and I would get mad at myself when I didn't do a project so that I could write a blog post about it. I consciously made the decision to stop blogging while I could get my life rolling at a normal speed and "build up" some projects if you will. That way if I didn't want to do a home project for awhile I would be okay and not get mad at myself for not being able to give my readers (all 3 of you! ha!) something to read at work.



Now on to the good stuff. I am a self-proclaimed TV addict that mostly consists of trashy reality TV. But I don't have too many people to talk about it with so I'm essentially going to talk- aka write- about it with myself so I feel better about being able to get it out.

First let's start with the Oscars from this past Sunday. I really don't have much to say except I was extremely underwhelmed by the fashion and the show as a whole wasn't great. I loved Ellen and the performances by P!nk and Idina Menzel (shout out to my other "Let it Go" lovers!) but other than that it was just meh. Also, how did I not know that Liza Minnelli was Judy Garlands daughter?!?! ::mind blown::

I'm EXTREMELY excited that Flipping Out on Bravo is back tonight. Seriously, I have an unhealthy love for Jeff Lewis. I think this is because he actually says what everyone wants to, but is too afraid of the backlash they would get. If you haven't watched this show you are missing out and need to watch it!

Adriana is getting over RSV right now, which can I tell you was a fucking bitch. I need 3 sick days just to sleep to get over all the extra effort I had to put in to parenting this past week and half. I know that sounds selfish but as it turns out, I'm somewhat of a selfish person. As they say - Happy Wife(and Mom), Happy Life.

I was just about to end this post when one other thing popped in to my head. I really dislike daylight savings weekend. Once it's over, I enjoy the longer days of sunshine (although the sun has pretty much been missing all together lately), but this girl loves her sleep and losing that hour really blows.

Well, I'm going to bow out on that note. I know this an "Oh, Shiny" post as my friends and I like to call the syndrome of not being able to focus and any one thing for more than 5 seconds. Hope y'all finish out Hump Day strong and here's to anticipating that Mother Nature will get her shit together and bring us some warmer temps!

No comments:

Post a Comment