Monday, March 17, 2014

Favorite Pinterest Finds - Weekly Roundup 3.17.14

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

I especially love this holiday because I'm part Irish and it's so fun to take part in the celebrations. This year, I celebrated by sitting my ass on the couch and watching TV. Oh, and I also cleaned my house and did laundry....try not to be jealous of my exciting life...

To start off this week's weekly roundup of my favorite Pinterest finds, we have these very fitting and adorable cupcakes:



St. Patty's Day Cupcakes
Source
Aren't these cupcakes from Lots of DIY just the cutest ever and so perfect for St. Patty's Day! I love them and would appreciate anyone who made them for me to eat!

Next up is this picture/quote that's from Morticia from the Addam's Family movies.


I just love this quote from the imgur website and think it's a great reminder that there's no such thing as 'normal' that applies to everyone. How you live your life is your normal and you shouldn't compare yourself to others, you'll never be happy if you do.

Next up, is this list of 10 things children will always remember:

10 things children will always remember

This list from The 36th Avenue really brings thing in to perspective. I know after I read this list I put away my iPad and got down on the floor and played with Adriana without any distractions. It's so easy to forget with everything we have going on in life that the best thing you can do for your children is to give them your undivided attention and focus just on them.

I found this amazing DIY tutorial on how to glam up a boring old floor lamp on Mansutake:

DIY Floor Lamp

I have 2 ugly ass floor lamps in my living room right now that are a must have (thanks to having no overhead lighting) but need a serious upgrade. I may be giving this a try soon!

I found this picture and knew instantly that I wanted to do this look over my toilet in the bathroom:

Floating shevles above toilet in bathroom
**this picture was not linked back to the original source. If you know who this picture
belongs to, please let me know so I can link it back**
I'm just in love with the look of the offset top shelves and the full length shelf on the bottom. I would do these shelves in white as they would look better in my bathroom....now I need to figure out how to make floating shelves!
 
And I'll leave you with this AMAZING house that is part of my Pinterest Home aka my-someday-dream-home-that-we-will-never-build-home:
 
Dream House

I just love the look of the outdoor patio with a covered veranda underneath. and the architecture. and the pool. I just love it all. This picture is from Candle Warmers, I'm assuming it was pictured in their catalog or something but I can't find the exact page on their website.

And with that, I'll leave you all dreaming about floating in that pool on a nice 80 degree with no humidity or wind day. Have a great Monday and St. Patty's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment