Friday, March 14, 2014

DIY "I Love You Because..." Frame

Surprise, you get two posts from me today!

I saw this picture frame on Pinterest awhile ago and I knew that I just had to make one for our master bedroom.

DIY I love you because frame
** Pinterest does not have this picture linked backed to where it's posted from. If you know who this picture belongs to, please let me know so I can link back to the original**


 It's so easy to forget to tell your significant other that you love them or appreciate them and this is an easy way to remind them of how much they mean to you.

First thing I did was find a frame from Hobby Lobby and also picked up some scrapbooking letters while I was there. I thought this frame was really fun because of the wavy detail. It wasn't too crazy but gave it a little pizzazz.
I started by wiping down the glass and putting the letters on the outside of the glass leaving enough room to write messages. *I put the letters on the outside of the glass so I could change out the background image at any time*

DIY I love you because frame
 
DIY I love you because frame

 
I thought it was looking pretty plain after I got the letters on, so I went on the internet and Googled teal backgrounds (that's an accent color I'm doing in the master bedroom). I found this little peach and printed her off on white cardstock paper.


DIY I love you because frame
 
 
 
Then I laid the picture that comes with the frame, you know which one I'm talking about. The one with the ever-so-happy-I'm-faking-this-smile couple. You're welcome for flipping that over right away so y'all didn't have to stare at it. Sorry, had an Oh Shiny moment there, back to what I was doing. So I laid the picture from the frame on to the picture I printed and determined what part I wanted as the background for the frame and cut it out, like so:


DIY I love you because frame
 
 
And Tada! We have a cute frame to show our love on :)
I might add some bling or cute fabric flowers like the inspiration picture, but for now, it looks good.
 

DIY I love you because frame
 
Oh, and because I love y'all, I'm giving you a sneak peak of my message to Chris:
 (DAD, IF YOU ARE READING, STOP NOW!!!!!)
 
 

DIY I love you because frame

It's true, he is ;) and here's a picture of the frame on our dresser in the master bedroom.
 

DIY I love you because frame

P.S. this is a really good picture that shows the true Rockport Gray color
P.P.S. don't judge me on my dirty candle!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment