Friday, October 11, 2013

Yes, I'm still alive...

Okay, so I know I've been a SUCKY blogger. It's been almost 3 months since I did my first (and only) post up until this point.

Here's the deal, that was possibly the worst time of my life to start a blog because our life was super crazy. So, now I'm back with an overview of what has happened in the past 4 months.

So let's back up and start the story with how this big move happened.



Back at the end of May, Chris' dad approached us about moving back to the farm. We always knew we would be moving back, we just thought it would be a little longer before we would be able to. We said we were up for it and I started applying for jobs in the area. A few weeks later I got an amazing job offer, accepted, and a month and a half after we were approached about moving, we were packing up and leaving our first home.

  • So from the beginning of June up until this point this has all happened:
  • Listed house on the market
  • I applied and interviewed for jobs
  • Got a job offer and accepted
  • Left my job (I miss all my friends there SO much!)
  • Adriana left her first daycare
  • Packed our house and moved to the farm house
  • Unpacked everything in about a week ....okay so we still have a few boxes that need to be unpacked
  • I started my new job
  • Adriana started a new daycare
  • We have attended/been in 5 weddings -yes FIVE!
  • Sold our House. We closed last week and are so excited we don't have to worry about it anymore.
  • Had Adriana's 1st birthday party
  • And now, Harvest is in full swing

Yep, so that is quite the long list of big events that have happened over the course of 4 months but we are so thankful to be able to be back on the family farm. Chris is still commuting to his old job as we're still working out the details and time frame for him to start working full time on the farm.

We have done some painting in the house and a little decorating, but not much. I'm trying to get more in to that now that everything is calming down and we don't have as much going on.

I promise I will be back more often with updates. My goal is to do at least 1 post per week but I know there will be weeks I don't get to it and weeks where I can post more often. Stick with me, I'll eventually get better at this.
I was originally leaning towards making this a Decorating/DIY blog but now I think I'm going to make the blog a full circle about our life including posts about our family, decorating, DIY, and fashion. It just fits better with who I am and what I have going on. Who knows, I might even throw a little cooking post in there every once in awhile ;)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment